The Midland Development Corporation can facilitate a choice location at the Midland International Air & Space Port with numerous business trade benefits and many development opportunities for aerospace/aviation-related companies. Permian Basin workforce skills are easily transferable to the aerospace/aviation industry.
Available Property: Midland Spaceport Business Park
- 8th largest airport in Texas and the first in the US to be co-located next to a spaceport
- MAF ranked 2nd in Texas for small airports
- 20+ commercial flight departures per day by United Express, American Eagle, and Southwest Airlines with direct flights to six major hubs
- Newly renovated terminal with easy access to parking and car rental services
- Foreign Trade Zone #165
- MAF is within close proximity to interstate, federal and state highways, rail lines and motor freight service providers
- No noise restrictions or curfews
- Adjacent land is zoned to ensure compatible land development
- MAF is located along the La Entrada Al Pacifico Trade Corridor connecting Mexico to Canada
- MAF is served by Southwest Airlines Cargo, Total Logistics Corporation, Federal Express and UPS for cargo and package shipping
- Midland College Aviation Maintenance Technology Program
- Home to the Commemorative Air force Museum (CAF)
- Midland averages 347 VFR days per year offering excellent flying weather
Aerospace in Texas
- Aerospace & Aviation directly employ more than 153,000 Texas workers.
- There are more than 1,300 Aerospace & Aviation firms in Texas.
- Texas leads the nation in aerospace occupations including aircraft mechanics, avionics technicians, engine assemblers, non-scheduled pilots, airfield ops specialists, and aircraft assemblers.
- Aerospace manufacturing makes up 34% of the Aerospace & Aviation workforce.
- 17 of the world's largest aerospace companies have operations in Texas.
- Texas is home to more than 10% of all U.S. aerospace manufacturing jobs.
Source: Texas Wide Open for Business
- Avion Flight Centre
- Deer Horn Maintenance
- Deer Horn Aviation Paint & Interior
- Lone Star Propeller Services
- Midland College Aviation Program